A Few of My Favorite Pieces I Purchased this Summer
I've made a few great purchases this spring and summer. Some, admittedly, were impulse buys but others were key pieces needed as I continue to shift and fine tune my closet to ultimately create a wardrobe that works with my lifestyle.
Here is a Round-Up of the Best Purchases I Made This Summer
1. AGOLDE Denim Cut-Offs- It's no secret how much I love these shorts. Yes, they're definitely a little pricey but after years of hunting for the best denim cut-offs for my body type, the search is now over. Featured here, here and here, these shorts are the perfect fit and so versatile. I plan on wearing them well into the fall months.
2. Rainbow Striped Slides- These were more of an impulse purchase but I'm so glad I did. I have been wearing them far more than I originally thought. I'm a huge fan of this year's rainbow-inspired trend and these sandals are a subtle way of integrating this trend into my current wardrobe. How could you not be in a good mood as soon as you put these on. They're just so bright and colorful!
3. Pleated Knee-Length Skirt- I purchased this skirt in black to wear at my daughter's dance recital and now am wearing it to work and on the weekends. It's so comfortable and lightweight which makes it perfect to wear during the summer heat wave we're currently experiencing here in New England. I am debating on whether to purchase the nude version as well.
SHOP THE POST:
6. High-Waisted Striped Ruffle Pants- Again, stripes (see above). I am going to style these for an upcoming post so stay tuned for that.
7. High Neck Tank- The blue shade of this high neck tank is perfect for summer and goes with so many other pieces in my closet. It's made of cotton so it's lightweight so it's perfect for those warm summer nights and the high neck adds some interest to your basic summer tank. See how it styled it here.
8. Madewell Crossbody Bag- I was concerned that this crossbody would be too small but decided to give it a try and it's perfect! It's just the size to carry my essentials and forces me to leave unnecessary items behind without a second thought.
9. Vegan Leather Mini Shift Dress- I love the look of a leather skirt or dress. I look forward to styling this piece and think it will make a great transition piece as we head into the cooler months.
10. Chambray Shirt- I'm determined to have every wash of chambray available in my closet. This is a staple for me. Chambray shirts are in heavy rotation and this lighter shade was missing.
What are some of your favorite pieces for summer? I'd love to know in the comments below!
SHOP THE POST:
WAYS TO WEAR